Wednesday, October 11, 2006

After reading everyone's posts about TV I decided to write about this too. I don't have one show I have watched continually over the years. I tend to hop around a lot.

Current favorite is Amazing Race because I would LOVE to compete on that show. As long as I don't have to eat stir-fried crickets or fish eyes UGH!

I think the TV is on a lot as white noise because my MOM was so strict with us growing up. We had TV tickets that we got at the beginning of each week. They were good for 30 minutes of TV time and if split even over the 7 days added up to 1 hour of TV a day.

You had to turn in a ticket to watch a show and it had to be an approved program. The only exception was Sunday night we got to watch "The Wonderful World of Disney" for FREE.

I know her plan was to teach us to be choosy about what we watch and to encourage us to get outside and play. I think it backfired though because all three of us watch more than an hour a day. I am the worst - probably because I am so stubborn.

Many of you mentioned Little House on the Prairie I too loved this show. I still enjoy it. I was in LOVE with Almanzo. My sister and I would argue over who got to be Laura when we played the show. We hated Nellie my whole family would literally "Boo" her when she came on. I cried when Mary went blind, Albert ran away to the big city, and Pa almost lost the farm. YES that was good TV.

2 comments:

ArtcTrish said...

Great post! Yes, I loved Almonzo too. I think I have the TV on for white noise too. The kids play when they want and stop to watch sometimes.

loonyhiker said...

Almonzo was SO good looking! I loved the idea of tickets though. I was trying to figure out how I could use that idea for special things in my classroom. Hmmm, I'll go think some more!