Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the soothing, gentle rain.
When you awake in morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there ... I did not die.
I don't know who wrote this poem, I just think it is so beautiful. I like to finish reading it by adding, "Heaven is now where I reside."


Topic to post: Two stories from two years ago.


1. (March 2004) Successful Potty Training two weeks before my daughter's third birthday. They say girls train easier then boys, they lied! Both my daughters were stubborn in this area and were nearly three before they were fully potty trained. We used all the tricks had potty parades, read many many picture books about using the potty, reward charts, stickers, candy, prizes, you name it we tried it. If one more person said to me, "Don't worry she won't be going off to college in diapers" I was gonna scream! Victory was finally ours and my daughter got to go shopping for pretty big girl panties. She was very excited her dad and I were ecstatic.


2. (Nov. 2004) I was less then two months from the the birth of my fourth child. My sweet little heavenly surprise. Recently moved into a new house in a new town and I guess slightly overwhelmed by all the changes in my life. We invited family to visit for Christmas and several of them decided to come. How exciting, I thought maybe they'd be here for her birth. The race was on to unpack the last of the boxes and figure out where everyone would sleep and what food we would eat. The house was a buzz with activity and excitement. Having something so concrete to focus my pregnancy energy on was such a blessing. I of course was convinced that this baby could come anytime as she was my fourth. In the end only one relative was still at the house when my daughter was born. My Mother-in-law was such a huge help. Not only with the baby but also playing with the other kids. Oh yeah and she does dishes!

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad I didn't have trouble with the potty training bit. For some reason, my granddaughter decided whe wanted to be potty trained before we did. She did not like a nasty diaper on her and took matters into her own hands. She refused to go in the diaper and wanted to sit on the potty. Godd takes care of drunks and fools and I guess my daughter was both! lol

*love2scrap* said...

I HATE potty training! love your poem and my MIL does dishes, too!! cool!

carin.c said...

OMG - this is sooo weird - I just read this very same poem last night and was wondering who wrote it? It was in a file of family tree info I was going through after spending the day looking at heritage photos and missing my Gram who just died a few months ago. It was just on a white page where someone wrote it out longhand in calligraphy. I am in shock that you put the same poem up here on your blog. Coincidence???