Wednesday, November 08, 2006

BACK IN BLOG !

HEHEHE - Today's posting is Music, what is your favorite type, is this a change from UMMM your younger days?

I love music - pretty much all kinds. What I am listening to usually conforms with my current mood or a situation I find myself in, wether good or bad.

In my younger days I was a Classic Rock Freak and stuck mostly to music/groups of the 60's & 70's. One wierd thing though if I needed to clean my room, dorm, apt. etc. I always but on a Neil Diamond album compliments of my parents. Not sure why but his music made me clean like crazy. Looking around my house right now, I am wondering if it might still work? LOL

Today as a wife and Mom to four kids I am still a Classic Rock freak at heart but I also love Christian Rock esp. the edgy stuff my son likes (even the rap go figure). my least favorite is Pop music unless I am really blue then it picks me right up. Country is good for when I am thinking about my Texas days. If I can't sleep I go strait to Enya or Yaz and the other dream state music.

Recently, I was helping my son download music to his IPOD and got a real shocker. The site listed Fleetwood Mac Rumors under the Oldies Category. I think I scared the heck out of him when I yelled out "WHAT~ARE YOU KIDDING" at the top of my voice. Let it be known here and now OLDIES are officially only music from the 50's backward. Say AMEN if your with me here! LOL

I have some very obscure albums that don't exist on CD. I'd like to have them transfered to CD but I am waiting for the cost of that service to come down, yeah I'm still pretty cheap. (Hey watch that-I see you thinking). One band I think only released one album "Klatu", it was pretty out there.

I guess musically the biggest change for me is I really don't mind listening to children's music. Who doesn't love singing "The Wheels On The Bus", 10 times in a row followed by a Kindergarten rendition of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" which comes out "Kiss The Baby One More Time". Being a Mom really is a joy and these musical moments mean no one is fighting!

If asked what band(s) have I most dreamed of seeing I will still and always list the following: Aerosmith(saw this year), Bon Jovi, Rolling Stones, Queen, U2, Cat Stevens (prior to his religious change), Van Halen (Sammy version), Led Zepplin, & Blue Oyster Cult (yes I realize some of these people/bands are no longer together/alive I am dreaming remember). New to the list: RelientK, P.O.D., CREED, Barlo Girls (have seen), Simple Plan, & Third Day.

Hope you enjoy the following song, I don't care what they say groups today don't make music like this, spread the music.

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody was here!

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Oh no! Fleetwood Mac is an oldie?! I must be ancient then! Oh, you might want to fix the link for your blog. I couldn't get to hit by clicking on your link because the address is wrong. When I saw it was wrong in the address bar, I fixed it and went to your blog. If I ever see some woman singing The Wheels on the Bus in public, I'll make sure to say hi to you! lol

Glynis said...

Great taste in music, girl! I've seen Third Day (in my younger days when I was still fun enough to go to concerts *LOL*) and they were great. I love the Christian Rock too..what a fun way to share the gospel!