Thursday, September 14, 2006


DSP Blog post: Using an idea of Ali Edwards'....
What is your happiness today?

I am glad to say that Happiness is not something that eludes me on a regular basis, even though my mornings are hectic and I need my coffee to push through. Those little faces (some not so little anymore) shuffling or running through the kitchen, preparing for school pull at my heart strings. The hugs and "I Love You MOM" I receive as they fly out the door fill my soul with warmth. I busy my days with a long list of things to do. Many of which don't get done, sigh. I update the calendar and plan my route for after school driving. Some days run smooth others are a disaster. But everyday ends the same way. I tuck in the baby with a lullaby, my kindergarten daughter gets a story + 2 hugs and a kiss, the 4th grader needs prayers of protection and I turn on the EAMS (Electronic Anti-Monster System), finally my 7th grader who always asks the hard questions at bed time (stalling? ). Upstairs I sit with my hubby and we laugh about the day, or watch a favorite TV show. Sometimes we sit on the couch side by side working on our laptops. As I sit back and reflect on the day, no matter how the middle went the beginning and the end remind me of my true happiness, being a MOM to the four best kids I know. Thanking God, for helping my husband and I create them and for choosing us to be their parents. They are my Treasure!

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

You sound like such a wonderful mother! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

What a great post. And the pictures are adorable.