Friday, September 08, 2006



This is a digital scrapbook page I created for my daughter to celebrate her first day of Kindergarten.

Amazing how fast she reached this point, her first step on the road to independence. I say a prayer for her everyday as well as for her teacher. She is the type who isn't just curious about everything she has to experience everything for her self under her terms. She makes me smile when I'm not pulling my hair out!

Last night at "Meet the Teacher" night we learned about all the changes our 7th grader was going to have at junior high. The responsibility and amount of work he is expected to do was overwhelming to me. Sure has changed alot since I was a junior high student. He will rise to the challenge I am sure after making a few mistakes and getting slightly scorched by a teacher or two. One assignment for this weekend is to get his books covered. I was glad to hear he wanted to cover them with the standard brown paper grocery sack. Helps to know something are the same. Mine were always covered with drawings, notes from friends, guys numbers etc.

I hear people all the time say they wouldn't go back and repeat their teenage years for any amount of money. I guess for all of us those years becoming an adult were just too painful in many ways. I have many wonderful memories of that time in my life but I do admit the painful ones I would not want to experience again. As a parent I don't know that I am prepared to watch my son struggle though Junior High. I will have to fight hard to not swoop in like a mother bird and save him. Luckily I have plenty of friends to keep reminding me that something he will have to figure out on his own.

Today's crazy quiz: I am a ~ Iced Coffee

You Are an Iced Coffee
At your best, you are: hyper, modern, and athletic
At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty
You drink coffee when: you're out with friends
Your caffeine addiction level: medium
What Kind of Coffee Are You?

No comments: