Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Life List:
1. Sail/Teach on the School on a Boat
2. Help to save an endangered species
3. Illustrate a children's book
4. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
5. Learn to Pray more powerfully
6. Learn to throw a pot that doesn't rock
7. Become an Art Teacher
8. Find a way to help teenagers deal with their struggles
9. Learn to speak Spanish
10. Take all my children traveling abroad
11. Go backpacking with my son
12. Watch my grandchild be born
13. Live in a tree house
14. Own horses with my daughters
15. Travel to Spain with my husband

Ellen DeGeneres is asking people to join her in making a Life List of things you want to accomplish before you die. Why would anyone want to make a list of things to accomplish? This seemed silly to me. As I thought more about Ellen's challenge I began to question my thoughts about the list. Why was I opposedsed to making it? Maybe cause if I write it down then it's real. What if I don't get a chance to do any of the things on my list? Would I feel smashed like I let myself down? I've never been the type to worry about checking things off a "To Do" list. Would that change if I made this Life List? I remember a fellow employee some years ago who had panic attacks if she had to forward her tasks to the next day. I was convinced she put certain things on her list because she was sure she could cross them off before 6pm.

In the end I decided to make the list and then decide whether to keep it or throw it out. I was surprised how fast I came up with 15 things for the list. When I was done I was really excited to see my dreams/ideas down on paper. I didn't even know I felt that strong about some of the things till I wrote them down. Who knows how long it will take me to cross one off or even where I will start. I am glad to report that I am not concerned about completing the list as several things are not even possible at this stage of my life. (ie. #1, 10, 12 ) Now on to life's simple pleasures, my children.

This is a recent digital scrapbook page of my baby.


Okay let's see if you dare to answer today's blog quiz!
http://www.blogthings.com/whatdoyourbathroomhabitssayaboutyouquiz/

No comments: