Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I was going to post my thoughts/feelings regarding all that happened on 9/11 but as I wrote about that day my feelings were still too raw. I had to stop and just couldn't get back on for a couple days. Maybe in the future I can revisit that day ~ just not yet.

Blog prompt for today was what would you do for one day in there were no consequences?

Interesting question!

As a parent with the responsibility of four children to raise there are many things I would love to do but won't because It wouldn't be fair to my kids if something happened to me. What would I do? . . .

My church in NJ did mission trips to Haiti I really wanted to go but due to the turmoil in that country I passed. Mission Trip to Haiti

Travel to space on the shuttle. Even after the Challenger disaster there has been a small voice saying wouldn't it be cool to see the earth from space to experience the power of the launch, to float around inside the shuttle like we've seen so many times on TV. Travel to Space

This one is totally frivolous but I'd love to jump the guard rail at the "Today" show and speak my mind on national television regarding my current pet peve, "political ads and negative campaigning". Ask me in a month it will be some other pet peve! Steal the "Today" show

I think we would all be exhausted after a day with no consequences. Is it even possible? Kind of like neutralism, hard to say that there is any way we can exist
on this world and not have some effect on someone or something. Most assuredly if you could wave some kind of magic wand and have a day with no consequences the days following would be changed forever because you would be a changed person through whatever experiences you had that day. How you behave and relate to the world around would be different even in a small way.

It's been fun thinking about the opportunities such a day would present. I think it would make a great episode on "Scrubs". I can already see JD's bubble musings as he dreams about his day with no consequences (look out Dr. Cox).

Click below to participate in today's fun quiz. HEHEHEHE told me I was 25, I liked that. LOL
http://blogthings.com/whatagequiz/">What Age Do You Act?

Oh and one last thing. Rock Star Supernova was awesome last night! Dilana (you go girl) was back in full force and rocked the house stealing the show. Toby did real well, his origianl is so fun, but I think honestly, Dilana kicked his Aussie butt last night. (sorry Cynthia) Lukas again what can I say, who thinks he can sing? I just don't get why he is still here. Magni, Tommy put the first nail in his coffin. So can't wait for tonight's show and the final three, then the winner announced. (Dilana, Dilana, Dilana) The power of positive thinking on the cosmos, ya know. Till tomorrow, ROCK ON.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Welcome to our little group, Jennifer! I'm excited to get to know you better...and I think doing missions work in Haiti is a wonderful thing to put on your list!

Unknown said...

I second the welcome. It will be fun getting to know you. Great list of things.

loonyhiker said...

Glad you are here Jennifer! I love the thought of stealing the Today show!